Expression builder is a library of components that enhancies the power of Expression parser,
and helps you to embed expression builder dialogs in your applications. Providing such a feature in your applications will
enable the users to speed entering syntax valid expressions, check them, and store in a dataset
along with any user data.
- 3 new components are added - TEPClassTreeView, TEPClassComboBox, TEPClassMemberBox -
for browsing registered in Expression parser classes and all their accessible methods and properties
- functions are separated in function's categories, which could be choosed from categories' combobox or list box;
- help hints about declaration and description of the selected function;
- could declare and use custom user data;
- could build your own expression builder dialogs, as well as to use the default one (TExprBuilderDlg component)
with just one row of source code.
- automated the process of building scripts, using double clicking over the function or variable,
which inserts the selected function, syntax formated, at the current possition in a script;
- could set DataSource, DataField properties, where to save builded script, along with any user data,
which could be used later to perform certain calculations;
- with the help of TExprSolver component, you could automate the process of evaluation the stored scripts.
It automatically fetches scripts stored in a dataset along with any user data, tries to initialize
all used by a given script variables from INI file and from a dataset, fires an event just before
to make a calculation, to enable you to make some initializations and then calculate the script.
The only thing you left to do is to specify, where to take all these data from.
- full help and demo included;